MS SQL Server Programming
Course Duration: 30 hours
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft. As a database, it is a software product whose primary function is to store and retrieve data as requested by other software applications, be it those on the same computer or those running on another computer across a network (including the Internet).
Installing and configuring SQl Server
- Install SQL Server 2008.
- Configure SQL Server 2008 instances and databases.
- Configure SQL Server security
- Configure linked servers by using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
Supporting Data consumers
- Retrieve data to support ad hoc and recurring queries
- Manipulate relational data
- Manage XML data
- Implement an HTTP endpoint
- Implement Service Broker components
- Import and export data from a file
- Manage replication.
SQL server performance
- Gather performance and optimisation data by using the SQL Server Profiler
- Performance and optimisation of data by using the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Monitor and resolve blocks and deadlocks
- Diagnose and resolve database server errors
- Monitor SQL Server Agent job history
- Gather performance and optimisation data by using DMVs.
Creating and implementing Database objects
- Implement a table
- Implement a view
- Implement triggers
- Implement functions
- Implement stored procedures
- Implement constraints
- Implement indexes
- Create user-defined types
- Implement a full-text search.
- Implement and maintain SQL Server Agent jobs
- Manage databases by using Transact-SQL
- Back up a database
- Restore a database
- Move a database between servers
Implementing High availability and disaster recovery
- Implement database mirroring
- Implement log shipping
- Manage database snapshots.